You may opt to choose your own ISP for hosting your website. If you do, we require the following from your chosen hosting provider:
- An Apache hosting environment with mod_rewrite active. We no longer deploy WordPress websites on Windows IIS servers. If you insist to host on a Windows platform, we will provide you with a copy of the database and website files on disk for your hosting provider to deploy to your website.
- They must run php version 5.2.4 or higher with GD Libraries installed and active, and MySQL version 5 or higher.
- We require FTP access to the root of your domain (username, password and host address)
- Your host needs to create a single MySQL database and send us the details (database name, username, full access password and host address).
If you want us to arrange to get this information from your host, the following additional charges will apply:
- Hetzner South Africa: R415
- Hetzner Germany: R415
- MWEB/ Telkom ISP: R1,200
- Vox Telecom/ Datapro/ Afrihost: R2,000
- Nashua Mobile ISP: R4,500
- Any other host (South Africa): R1,200
- Any other host (International – Hostgator, GoDaddy, etc.) – R1,200 plus disbursements
Before we can start corresponding with your host, please contact your hosting provider and ask that they authorise correspondence from firstname.lastname@example.org. This will make it a lot quicker to get the necessary information from them.
See also jumping frog fee.